Kids Swim at Glenpointe Spa & Fitness Q & A
1. Q – Why are we bringing back Kids Swim for only two days a week?
- A – An intentional and slow return is easier to manage as we want to “get this right” the first time. It also allows our members an opportunity to adjust and get comfortable with this program again, and we think going “slower” will help this transition.
- Great news – we’ve added a third day on Saturday’s.
2. Q – If I want to bring my child’s friend (who lives next door) to Kids Swim, am I allowed to?
- A – No – only member’s children and member grandparents’ grandkids will be allowed to utilize Kids Swim
3. Q – Will you ever offer a weekend Kids Swim time?
- A – We may add a weekend day to Kids Swim once the program is underway and we’re comfortable with how the program is running.
- Great news – we’ve added a Saturday time from 11am to 1pm.
4. Q – Why are you only allowing 15 kids per day?
- A – Again, we are starting conservatively with a smaller number so the program runs smoothly. The daily participant number may increase (or stay the same) after a period of time based on how the program is doing.
5. Q – Will you ever offer online RSVP services for this program?
- A – Yes. We are working with our software company now to provide an option that will allow members to RSVP for daily Kids Swim using their smartphone or home computer
6. Q – Are adults allowed to swim laps during Kids Swim?
- A – Yes – we will have one lane set aside for adult lap swimming. Since it will be only one lane, we ask adults to try and plan their lap swimming accordingly.
7. Q – If Kids Swim falls on a holiday or snow day when the club is closed, will it be offered on another day that week?
- A – No – it will not be rescheduled to another day that week
8. Q – Do you allow pool toys to be used during Kids Swim?
- A – We don’t allow “toys” to be brought in by members.
9. Q – As a parent do I need to stay in the pool area during Kids Swim
- A – Yes – no matter the age of your child, parents need to be in the pool area during Kids Swim.
10. Q – If my child does not know how to swim well, do I need to be in the water with him/her?
- A – Yes – seems like an obvious question/answer, but we need parents to care for their children while in the water and parents must be in the water with children who are age 7 or younger.
11. Q – If I register my child in the middle of the month, how much do I pay?
- A – We would pro-rate the monthly fee, or you could do the daily fee, whichever is better for you
12. Q – When and how do I need to register my child for this program?
- A – Please complete the registration process before you reserve a spot for your child to attend Kids Swim. Please read and sign the Kids Swim agreement first. Bring the agreement to the club and see a membership coordinator who can assist in registering your child. Membership staff are available at the club between the hours of 9am and 8pm Mon-Fri, and Sat & Sun between the hours of 9am and 5pm.
13. Q – Are Marriot Hotel guest children allowed to participate in Kids Swim?
- A – No
14. Q – Does my daughter who has long hair need to wear a swim cap?
- A – Yes. Children with hair below shoulder length will need to wear a bathing cap.
*For additional questions don’t hesitate to contact Aquatics Manager Kavita Isaacs at (201) 836-5400 ext. 115